Disclaimer: These are some of the common patterns we see whenever we get a Shopify client for SEO consultation:
- Apps: Downloading too many apps reduces your website speed. You are better off paying experts for customizations than going for an app for every small feature you need.
- Keyword Cannibalization – Many pages are competing with each other on the same keyword; hence no page is showing in search. For example, If I sell leather boots and put the meta title of a product as “Best leather boot,” and then I go ahead and write a blog on “5 Best leather Boot”, it won’t work. Google can only show one page on this query.
- Not Optimizing Category Pages: Category pages needs their meta titles and their own 1 paragraph description with optimized keywords.
- Broken Links: Don’t delete the product once it’s out of stock. Keep it out of stock till you have another product to replace it with.
- Schema: Get Schema done for your store or find an app regarding the same.
- Images: Don’t use copied stock images on blogs. Get your original images and name the image as a keyword. Don’t forget about alt tags.
- Not uploading enough blogs: You want to beat amazon on google? Do one thing that Amazon doesn’t do. Write more blogs.
- Optimize Product Pages: The more products you have, the better opportunities you have. Create a keyword cluster and use it on product pages.
Want to Avoid Mistakes with Your Shopify Store?
Need help with your Shopify store? Contact Frasca Digital today for some advice and quick ways to improve your Shopify store without breaking the bank.