These tips have helped Frasca Digital’s clients get a significant amount of Quora and reddit traffic. Depending on the niche you are going to start working on, one may be slower or others faster when it comes to getting traffic. Everything in this case would be to be patient. If you can answer at least 100 questions weekly, you will easily increase the chance of getting traffic.
On the outset, this can be an intimidating task, which is why Frasca Digital can offer help to manage this somewhat secret and under-utilized SEO strategy.
Without further ado, let’s break down the vital steps:
Step 1: Pick the Right Interests
Upon creating your account, Quora will ask you to specify your fields of interest, which will be added to your feed. This will make it easy for you to find relevant questions to answer later on, so be sure to choose everything aligned with your niche.
You need to select at least 10 topics before you can complete your registration.
Step 2: Create a Killer Profile Bio
Just like with social media marketing, you need an awesome author bio to establish a solid presence on Quora.
A good chunk of your profile’s configuration involves basic steps, like adding your profile photo and filling in your name. What you need to pay attention to, however, are your credentials and description.
Your description doesn’t have to be an entire article’s worth of words — just keep it short, straightforward, and impactful.
Step 3: Perform Content Research
Once your profile and brand topic are all set, it’s time to get to work.
Quora is an excellent source of content ideas that your target audience wants to read about. However, not all questions are made the same.
Some questions are already saturated with answers while others barely get any attention at all. What you want to answer are posts that have a ton of followers with only a few answers to match the demand.
That’s why finding the right questions is one of the new skills you should refine if you want to learn how to use Quora effectively.
You can find these metrics by navigating to one of the topic pages on your feed and going to the ‘Answer’ tab.
As a rule of thumb, try to find questions with an answer-follower ratio of 1:5. That means a post with at least five followers and one answer or less, which maximizes your chances of getting the high votes.
Step 4: Use the Question to Develop a Full-Fledged Article
Your next step is to plan and craft top-notch content that answers the question in detail.
Ideally, you already have a couple of blog posts that align with the topic at hand. If not, take this as an opportunity to write exactly what the Quora user is looking for.
In relation to the example above, you can write something about the best marketing strategies for startups with some examples. You may also create a listicle of successful startups while highlighting the strategies that spearheaded their marketing.
It’s all about providing value not just through knowledge alone, but actionable steps that can position your brand as the go-to source of information.
Need help writing content or getting started with content marketing? Frasca Digital does that too as part of our monthly SEO packages.
Step 5: Write Quora Answers Like a Pro
Great — the next step is to naturally insert the link to your content in your answer.
Since you crafted the content specifically for this question, it should blend in nicely. You just need to focus on the quality of your answer, which will help you get more upvotes, exposure, and traffic.
Here are surefire ways to guarantee this:
- Use Visual Content – Just like your regular blog posts, Quora answers with visual content have a better chance of snagging the audience’s attention. These can be screenshots, infographics, YouTube videos, and so on.
- Be Exhaustive – Remember that Quora marketing has become competitive due to the platform’s ever-increasing popularity. If you are to answer a question, cover as much ground as possible and give users no reason to look for other answers.
- Use Proper Formatting – To improve the readability of your answer, break down sections into subheadings. You can also create bulleted or numbered list to enumerate relevant information.
- Write Using Natural Language – Quora answers never need to be structured like full-fledged articles with thousands of words. Try to use simple language, be direct, and be conversational to connect with users on a more emotional level.
- Be Careful with Links – Lastly, while you have the option to insert a link to a landing page, only do so if it makes sense. You don’t want your answer to look self-serving by containing lots of promotional links.The final step is to answer similar questions while providing the same link to your content. Just like before, pick the questions carefully and write your answers differently each time.
Improve your Website Traffic & SEO Through Quora
Ready to get started? Contact us today to learn more!